Each semester, Casa Azul hosts one or two Interns from local colleges and universities. Interns generally specialize in Events and Programming, Volunteer Program Management, and Public Relations or Social Media outreach. The Intern gains valuable work experience and new skills for their resume. Casa Azul gains new insights and understandings and truly values the work our Interns contribute to strengthening our community.
Currently, we are accepting applications for the following Intern Positions: Summer Intern 2017 and Fall Intern 2017
Role Description – Part-time (unpaid) Interns
Casa Azul of Greensboro is a Non-Profit organization that focuses on promoting Latin American arts and culture in the Triad region. Its mission is to provide the environment and resources for creative expression of Latino culture in our local community through projects and partnerships.
Casa Azul of Greensboro is currently searching for a part-time, unpaid intern to assist in the success of our organization while gaining experience in the fields of Non-Profit Organizations and in Latino arts and cultures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the execution of the Strategic Fund Development Plan through grant research, preparation and other related duties.
- Assist in developing a formalized Volunteer Program including creating and organizing materials for recruitment, management and incentives for volunteers.
- Provide support to the organization’s social media efforts.
- Assist in organizing, with appropriate support, Día de los Muertos event.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Specifications:
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Exhibit creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work independently.
- Have a strong interest in building interpersonal skills and the ability to network.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough organizational and time management abilities.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Must have own transportation.
Education and Qualifications:
- College Junior, Senior or graduate level student. Human Services, Non-Profit and Art courses preferred.
- Some knowledge of the Spanish Language.
- Able to use Word, Excel, and social media tools.
How to Apply for Part-time Internships
Please submit a letter of interest to us at email@example.com.